The Future of Finance Initiative (FFI) is housed within IFMR Finance Foundation and aims to promote policy and regulatory strategies that protect individuals accessing finance, given the sweeping changes to retail financial services in India – including those driven by Indiastack, Payments Banks, mobile usage and the growing P2P market.
Our vision is for every individual to have universal access to suitable financial services using a range of channels that enable them to transact securely and confidently.
- Blog: Moving towards a user data rights regime, October 2017
- Blog: The Right to Privacy Judgment: Initial Reflections on Implications for Digital Financial Services, August 2017
- Blog: Guest post by Dr. Katharine Kemp (Research Fellow, UNSW Digital Financial Services Regulation Project) on Big Data, Financial Inclusion and Privacy for the Poor, August 2017
- Blog: Insights from the “Digital Investments Roundtable” hosted by the Future of Finance Initiative, August 2017
- Blog: Insights from the “Digital Credit Roundtable” hosted by the Future of Finance Initiative, June 2017
- Blog: Insights from the “Digital Payments Roundtable” hosted by the Future of Finance Initiative, May 2017
- Consultation Response: Comments on the RBI Draft Master Directions on Issuance and Operation of Prepaid Payment Instruments in India, April 2017 [submission pdf]
- Consultation Response: Comments on the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology’s Draft Rules for Security of Prepaid Payment Instruments, March 2017 [submission pdf]
- Consultation Response: Comments to the RBIs draft circular on “Rationalisation of Merchant Discount Rate (MDR) for Debit Card Transactions“, Feb 2017
- Talk: Whose data is it anyway? Open questions in law, policy and regulation for customers making digital payments – 50p Conference, Jan 2017 [video] [ppt]
- Talk: Let’s Break It Down: The Watal Committee Report – 50p Conference, Jan 2017 [video] [ppt]
- Consultation Response: Comments on the Report of Watal Committee on Digital Payments, Jan 2017 [submission pdf]
- Blog: Electronic Financial Data and Privacy in India, Dec 2016