The Future of Finance Initiative (FFI) is housed within IFMR Finance Foundation and aims to promote policy and regulatory strategies that protect individuals accessing finance, given the sweeping changes to retail financial services in India – including those driven by Indiastack, Payments Banks, mobile usage and the growing P2P market.
Our vision is for every individual to have universal access to suitable financial services using a range of channels that enable them to transact securely and confidently.
- Consultation Response: Comments on the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology’s Draft Rules for Security of Prepaid Payment Instruments, March 2017 [submission pdf]
- Consultation Response: Comments to the RBIs draft circular on “Rationalisation of Merchant Discount Rate (MDR) for Debit Card Transactions“, Feb 2017
- Talk: Whose data is it anyway? Open questions in law, policy and regulation for customers making digital payments – 50p Conference, Jan 2017 [video] [ppt]
- Talk: Let’s Break It Down: The Watal Committee Report – 50p Conference, Jan 2017 [video] [ppt]
- Consultation Response: Comments on the Report of Watal Committee on Digital Payments, Jan 2017 [submission pdf]
- Blog: Electronic Financial Data and Privacy in India, Dec 2016