Below are some essential readings for contact-tracing apps during the Coronavirus pandemic.
- What is contact tracing and why it is important? by the WHO (Q&A Page)
- The Challenge of Proximity Apps For COVID-19 Contact Tracing by Andrew Crocker, Kurt Opsahl & Bennett Cyphers of Electronic Frontier Foundation (Article)
- Apps for COVID: to do or not to do by Subhashis Banerjee, Bhaskar Raman & Subodh Sharma (Article)
- The Covid-19 Tracking App Won’t Work by Cathy O’Neil (Op-Ed)
- Even in extraordinary times, the right to privacy remains by John Edwards (Article)
- Privacy and health: COVID-19 tracking apps by Katharine Kemp (Op-Ed)
- Covid-19 contact tracing and privacy concerns: Here’s what experts think by Inspector Brijesh Singh & Supreme Court Lawyer Khushbu Jain (Article)
- Privacy prescriptions for technology interventions on Covid-19 in India by Sidharth Deb of Internet Freedom Foundation (Working Paper)
- Safe Paths: A privacy-first approach to contact tracing by MIT Media Lab (Article)
- Privacy & Pandemics: The Role of Mobile Apps by Future of Privacy Forum (Comparison Chart)
- Mobile applications to support contact tracing in the EU’s fight against COVID-19 by the European Commission (Common EU Toolbox for Member States)
We are constantly adding to this reading list. If there is a reading suggestion that you think must be on this list, please send a mail to FFI [at] dvara.com.